David was looking for something different to freshen up the tired, worn grey floor in his garage. He had three wishes – a silver element in the design to match his cars and decor, an anti-slip finish to protect his family in the wet, and finally, a longer lifespan.
Client – David Marriner Location – Toowong, QLD Floor Type – Double Garage (Residential) Design Scope – Silver and grey used in design to match colour of cars and decor throughout home.
- Anti-slip topcoat with AS 「X」 rating used for safer footing when wet, e.g. water on tyres.
- Durable finish capable of withstanding vehicle traffic, including harsh turning circle.
- Installation carried out while family at home, so product needed to be free of pungent odours and harmful solvents.
- Risk of yellowing minimal due to house position, absence of garage nosing and design colour.
- Previously coated concrete in good condition, however checking for contamination in that type of environment is essential, e.g. silicone sprays for tyres.
Customer Feedback –
“I’d recommend FLOORChef for anyone wanting something different, but practical and versatile…I’ve already referred them to some of my friends.” Score – 9/10
David Marriner, Homeowner