The revamp of an unused wine cellar in a beautiful Brisbane home gave the owner, David, the perfect opportunity to get creative. Basically, he wanted a floor no one else had – something very different and full of character. His very own “volcanic” design took care of that. It actually looks like his floor is bubbling with molten rock!
Client – David Marriner
Location – Toowong, QLD
Floor Type – Wine Cellar (Residential)
Design Scope –
- Customised “volcanic” design created in response to client’s desire for a unique finish. Cellar setting perfect for a bubbling, subterranean volcano theme.
- Accidental spills of wine in the past made a mess of the unprotected concrete. A stain-resistant, seamless floor was viewed as a good solution to any future mishaps.
- Installation carried out while family at home, so product needed to be free of pungent odours and harmful solvents.
- The finish was also extended into a storage cabinet beneath adjacent stairway.
- Despite the design’s black base, the high-gloss, reflective finish brightened the enclosed space considerably.
Customer Feedback –
“Because I rarely give a perfect 10, we all can always find ways to improve an already impressive service. The floors are magic, receive heaps of positive comments and we are happy. Thank you.” Score – 9/10
David Marriner, Homeowner